BURLINGTON, Vt., May 10 – U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) announced that he will hold a Veterans Town Hall and Resource Fair on Saturday, May 19 at Norwich University. The event will highlight national, statewide and local resources for Vermont veterans and their families.
The event will begin at 10 a.m. with coffee, networking and a veterans’ resource fair. At 11 a.m., Sanders will address the attendees, touching on national veterans’ issues. He will be joined by Matthew Shuman, who is a U.S. Army veteran and national legislative director for The American Legion. There will also be a panel discussion with Vermont representatives from the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Vietnam Veterans of America, The American Legion, Vermont Veterans Outreach Program and the VA.
Following the panel discussion, the resource fair will resume. There will also be discussion sessions on special topics, including education benefits, serving female veterans, toxic exposures, housing and more. The VA will be present to enroll Vermont’s veterans in VA health care (veterans interested in enrolling should bring their DD-214s).
Lunch will be provided. RSVPs are strongly encouraged. To RSVP online, click here, or call Sanders’ Burlington office at 800-339-9834.
Saturday, May 19
What: Veterans Town Hall and Resource Fair
When: Saturday, May 19; 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Where: Norwich University; Plumley Armory; 24 ID White Avenue; Northfield
Organizations attending the event include:
- AARP Vermont
- Citizen Soldier for Life
- Community College of Vermont
- Community of Vermont Elders
- Farmer Veteran Coalition of Vermont
- Integrative Acupuncture
- South Burlington Vet Center
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families (UVM & Easter Seals)
- The American Legion
- The Dodge House
- The Veterans' Place
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Department of Labor – Veteran Employment Training Service
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Vermont Adaptive Ski & Sports
- Vermont Department of Labor
- Vermont National Guard Family Assistance Center
- Vermont Veterans’ Home
- Vermont Veterans Legal Assistance
- Vermont Veterans Outreach Program
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- White River Junction Vet Center
- Wild Roots Farm Vermont
- Wounded Warrior Project
You might also like:
WASHINGTON, May 9 - With public support for unions at 61 percent, the highest in 15 years, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Rep. Mark Pocan (D-W...
WASHINGTON, May 8 - Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) delivered a video response to President Donald Trump's announcement Tuesday that he will pul...