BURLINGTON, Vt., Aug. 18 – U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) announced Thursday that all 11 community health centers in Vermont received funding totaling $840,906 in recognition of their achievements in providing high-quality health care.
“As ranking member of the Subcommittee on Primary Health, I know that this much-needed funding will help expand access to high-quality health care at community health centers across Vermont,” Sanders said.
The awards are Vermont’s share of $100 million in nationwide grants for 1,304 health centers. Today’s announcement included awards for health centers with the highest clinical outcomes and clinical improvement.
Thanks to a significant expansion of community health center funding in the Affordable Care Act, secured by Sanders, Federally Qualified Health Centers now serve 1 in 4 Vermonters at more than 50 locations across the state and 25 million Americans throughout the country. Health centers deliver high-quality primary, oral and behavioral health care services and access to low-cost prescription drugs. The centers provide services regardless of a person’s ability to pay, caring for patients covered by Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance, as well as those without insurance.
Sanders remains committed to protecting and expanding access to care at community health centers, including efforts to expand access to an additional 25 million people within the next 10 years.
See below for a list of the Vermont health centers and the awards announced today:
- Battenkill Valley Health Center, Arlington, $20,064
- Community Health Center of Burlington, $40,000
- Community Health Centers of the Rutland Region, $102,333
- Community Health Services of the Lamoille Valley, Morrisville, $65,233
- Five-Town Health Alliance, Bristol, $39,278
- Gifford Health Care, Randolph, $63,726
- Little Rivers Health Care, Bradford, $68,529
- Northeast Washington County Community Health, Plainfield, $101,946
- Northern Counties Health Care, St. Johnsbury, $97,420
- Richford Health Center, $103,126
- Springfield Medical Care Systems, $139,251