Constituent Services

We are currently experiencing a high volume of inquiries. As we do our utmost to assist vulnerable Vermonters, we ask that you use our Assistance Request Form only if you seek help from our office. To register your views and opinions, go to our General Comments page.

As a member of the United States Senate, I want to make sure that the citizens of Vermont receive all of the federal benefits and help to which they are entitled. Although I cannot guarantee a particular outcome, I want you to know that my staff and I will do our best to respond to your concerns.


If you are having trouble solving a problem with a federal program or agency, my office may be able to assist you. While my staff cannot force an agency to act in your favor, we can frequently help you understand what is involved, inquire about the status of your case, encourage an agency to give your case full and fair consideration, and when appropriate, advocate for quicker resolution.

To request personal assistance with a casework matter please use our ASSISTANCE REQUEST FORM. If this is an emergency and you require immediate assistance, please call my Burlington Office at (800)-339-9834 (toll-free in Vermont) or (802) 862-0697 (calling in the Burlington area).

If you wish to comment on a legislative matter please use our COMMENTS FORM.


We cannot offer legal advice or recommend an attorney. The rules of the U.S. Senate do not allow us to intervene in or influence the outcome of cases that are under the jurisdiction of any court.

My staff cannot intervene in matters handled by state or local governments such as welfare, child support, state and local taxes, or motor vehicle registration or loss of license. For these issues you should call the appropriate state or local official. My staff and I are always happy to forward a letter from you to the appropriate state government office for their review and response, except in those cases where we are prevented by Senate rules.

  • Assistance Request

    Assistance Request »

    If you are having trouble solving a problem with a federal program or agency, my office may be able to assist you.

  • Federal Government Resources

    Federal Government Resources »

    Find information about federal regulations, congressional voting records, and federal agencies.

  • Tour Requests

    Tour Requests »

    Vermonters visiting Washington, D.C. can request assistance scheduling tours through my office.

  • Students

    Students »

    Use this page to learn more and review the requirements for internships, academy nominations, and the Senate page program.

  • Internships

    Internships »

    Interns gain valuable experience by learning about the inner workings of the Senate and get a first-hand look at the legislative process. Full-time and part-time internships are available in Washington, D.C. and Burlington, Vt.

  • Academies

    Academies »

    Senator Sanders is pleased to nominate promising Vermonters to the military service academies. Use this page to learn more and review the requirements for nominations.

  • Flag Requests

    Flag Requests »

    You can order a United States Flag to be flown over the Capitol. An authentic certificate will accompany each flag you order.  It is also possible to have the flag be flown on specific date to honor special occasions, events, and holidays.

  • Grants

    Grants »

    Learn more about how to find funding for your project or organization.

  • Veterans

    Veterans »

    Learn more about resources available to Vermont veterans.

  • Housing

    Housing »

    My office can assist you with any issues you have with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).