Denmark Sen. Bernard Sanders introduced Danish Ambassador Peter Taksoe-Jensen at a town meeting before a packed audience at Montpelier High School on Sunday, the Times Argus and Rutland Herald reported. At Burlington City Hall on Saturday they discussed Denmark’s approach to health care, education and environmental protection, WCAX-TV and WPTZ-TV reported on Monday. There was not an empty seat in the house at the Brattleboro Museum on Saturday evening, the Brattleboro Reformer reported.
Workers’ Rights The National Labor Relations Board was set up to protect American workers but Republicans keep blocking the president’ appointments. “The minority is doing everything they can … to make it impossible for working people … to have their rights protected,” Sen. Sanders said in a clip from a hearing last week played Sunday on The Ed Show on MSNBC. “As Sen. Sanders said, Democrats have to step up and change the rules” so nominees may be confirmed by a majority vote, Communications Workers of America President Larry Cohen said.
Social Security Eight years ago, President Bush tried to privatize Social Security. He got hammered in the midterms. Democrats used Bush`s radical idea to win back the House and add six new faces in the Senate. If President Obama gets his way on Social Security cuts, he could face the same fate in 2014, Ed Schultz warned. “The president continues for some very strange reason to believe that if he makes major concessions to the Republicans that somehow he`s going to get something back in return,” Sen. Sanders said in an excerpt from a Schultz interview.
- 05/17/13 - Student Loans
- 05/17/13 - What Can We Learn from Denmark?
- 05/16/13 - The New Normal
- 05/15/13 - Red Ink
- 05/14/13 - Young, Unemployed, and Discouraged in America
- 05/18/13 - 60 Minutes and the Billionaire Agenda
- 05/16/13 - Cutting Social Security and Not Taxing Wall Street
- 05/15/13 - More tax lobbyists working Washington's hallways
- 05/10/13 - Carbon Dioxide Level Passes Long-Feared Milestone
- 05/08/13 - Save Lives, Ease Suffering, Prevent Billions in Wasteful Spending
- 05/23/13 - Join Sen. Sanders for an Older Americans Summit
- 06/01/13 - White River Junction: Join Sen. Sanders for a Town Meeting on Veterans Issues
- 06/01/13 - Brattleboro: Join Sen. Sanders for a Town Meeting on Veterans Issues
- 06/01/13 - Bennington: Join Sen. Sanders for a Town Meeting on Veterans Issues